Monday 30 November 2009

Day 58 Week 8

Dreadful storm again during the night. Garden rattling like a prisoner's chains. Spoke to fellow soldier's Mum about sudden attack of the serious glooms and she's finding the first Christmas away hard too - but she quite rightly made the point that how must they feel, especially the ones with young children and wives back home. So good to hear how she feels - the isolation is one of the hardest things to deal with.

It's my neighbour's funeral today and another neighbour is kindly taking me. It's going to be difficult.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing and I think I might have done something to my laptop to lose all my files, including this one, when I shut down. So if I disappear it's not something cataclysmic this time - just an idiot with a technical problem.

Hopefully everyone safe and well.

Speak soon - I hope. A soldier's Mum x

No comments:

Post a Comment