Thursday 19 November 2009

Day 47 Week 6

Whilst never claiming to be the mathematical genius my father was (scholarship to study at Heidelberg for a year, calculus for pleasure) I've always considered myself to be relatively numerate. So it was with some surprise to realise, when I glanced at the blog chronology, I had abandoned the Gregorian calendar and shot through the weeks at my own amazing pace. In a time travel sense of the word I had accelerated to week 10. Must be trying to make the days pass more quickly. Either that or a Freudian arithmetic slip. Or maybe both.

A dear friend has arranged for me to have some spiritual healing this weekend - think I need it.

The president of Afghanistan has been sworn in and has vowed to tackle corruption and hopes to take charge of internal security within the next five years. Obama 'close' to making a decision about reinforcements - that worries me a lot. I'm sure just as it has always been and will continue to be, the general public are the last to know anything, and one hates to use the word 'dithering', but there is definitely something holding up the decision making process.

Friends have received letters from C. Apparently the deployment is amazing and his job is awesome. He loves Afghanistan - it is a beautiful country.

H fine and hopefully R fine too.

Just had a phone call from my distraught neighbour's husband and she has just passed away. Such a kind gentle lady who will be very missed. PE RIP.

Speak soon. A soldier's Mum x

No comments:

Post a Comment