Saturday 21 November 2009

Day 49 Week 6

My dear friends have kidnapped me for a night at another friend's house. They thought I needed cheering up and so have been treated like a queen and I have had one of the most enjoyable afternoons in weeks.

Just been pondering the importance of friendship and quite honestly don't think I could have survived the last fourteen years without destiny having thrown the most supportive group of people into my path. They literally are a protective shield against loneliness and the fear that isolation can instil.

So, through torrential rain we have talked, through howling gales we have laughed and now in the darkness we are going to have something to eat and watch Strictly Come Dancing. Had almost forgotten what fun is and for the first time in ages don't feel like 'woman on the verge of a nervous breakdown'.

More people have heard from C and the message from the front is that he is enjoying the whole thing enormously. Please God that continues. Saw in the newspaper that the hundredth soldier to be 'repatriated' is now home. And a poor policeman was swept into the swollen river when a bridge collapsed in Cumbria, and was killed.

Not heard from H and R glad I'm not at home tonight and not missing me. So business as usual then.

Had some spiritual healing yesterday evening - again thanks to a dear friend and it was so calming and peaceful. To sit in silence in a church bathed in candlelight was angelic.

Thank you everyone.

Speak soon. A soldier's Mum x

No comments:

Post a Comment