Tuesday 23 March 2010

Day 171 Week 24

It's really wet and have just got home from visiting a friend and am in my pyjamas and have got a really sore throat. Still as the saying goes, if that's the worse that happens I'll have a good life.

Work flew by in the classic state of too much to do and too little time. Plastering all morning and am now fully conversant with the procedure of screeding a floor. Followed by ICT and CV creation. Actually all went really well.

Just want C home and am in a bit of a state of agitation right now. Maybe it's the rain teeming down and clattering against the window that makes me want to be curled up with everyone I love safe and sound and with me.

Must stay positive and not dwell on every alternative of horror that could befall mankind.

Poor fellow soldier's Mum has been struck down with the flu and is really ill. It's that time of year when we all nearly collapse from winter-fatigue but then hopefully the wisp of Spring arrives in the nick of time and jolts us back to life.

Well that's the hope anyway.

Heard from H and the reason they learn to navigate by the stars is that if, for some reason, they no longer have access to satellites then the Navy can still sail the seven seas, didn't like to ask if that meant only at night. Not heard from R even though I tried to contact her about missing items of my clothing, specifically orange Gap tee-shirt. Not heard from C.

My nice new friend being a good daddy and collecting his son from football training, and he's surprised me with a trip to the west country, which is something really really nice to look forward to.

Please Lord everything else can be just as really really nice too.

Speak soon. A soldier's Mum x

No comments:

Post a Comment