Monday 15 March 2010

Day 163 Week 23

Terrible night's sleep. Woke up with a start and knew it involved C but couldn't place it properly. It's left me feeling really uneasy.

Think it could be because he'd told me they'd found all those IEDs, and actually the last thought I want to hold in the world is my son being in any proximity to one of those evil creations. Oh my goodness it makes me shudder.

Drove to work and the morning was cold but brightly sunny and apparently my really nice new friend followed me for part of the journey and was flashing and tooting but we never made contact.

Isn't life strange.

Work was good but busy. Electricity today, creating circuits involving meters and fuses and ceiling roses and switches, and gosh it was confusing. It was all that working out which one went in and which one came out, but the boys seemed to grasp it. Then had lunch with a friend and caught up on the news in our home village, and finally finished the day doing paperwork and came home.

Fellow soldier's Mum and I exchanged our daily bulletin about how we feel and can we just about cope with it all. Then I had to write to the Court and sort out more irritating mess. No news from H and hope he's safely in Cardiff. R text to say she was safely back at uni. No news from C but I can't put him out of my mind for a moment.

I love my beautiful flowers from yesterday and just wish all three of them had been here.

More prayers Lord.

Speak soon. A soldier's Mum x

No comments:

Post a Comment