Sunday 14 March 2010

Day 162 Week 23

Mothering Sunday.

Fellow soldier's Mum said that M and his brother always cook lunch for her on this day, but that this year there will be something missing. That's just how it feels. Something really important is missing and not where it should be. Am pondering just exactly how many undersubscribed Mothering Sundays there are around this great nation of ours and the answer must be thousands and of course many of those are not because of a war in a far away land.

Any way C would be extremely proud of his sister as she was really sweet and I actually was treated to a second lovely day in succession. Flowers and a home made card with daffodils (favourite flower) on the cover this morning and then a walk along the river followed by lunch at a wonderfully eccentric riverside inn. It was so good to have her to talk to properly for a change. We sat outside on the gorgeous riverbank and she asked me questions about her family and she was such delightful company, and I realised to my shame, that we'd got out of the habit of enjoying each other. She really is lovely God bless her.

Then treat of treats had a text from H saying 'Spam, will be popping in at home with a card in an hour - bet you thought I'd forgotten! Haha x'. So R and I finished our lunch and dashed home to wait for H and coincidence of coincidences he'd been in Brighton for the weekend. And when I said I was too with my new friend, and why didn't he tell me he was there, he quite rightly responded with 'why on earth would I think you were also in town'. Transpired we'd almost driven past his door.

Then my new friend rang and we chatted and he made me laugh and am now looking forward to seeing him again on Friday dv. He's so nice. That's it in a nutshell. People really don't use that word enough any more.

Anyway if things couldn't get any better just had a call, and didn't think to look at the number, and when I answered it a very familiar distant voice said 'Ma, happy Mothering Sunday', and it was C. Two calls in two days and it was so good to waffle away to him and thank him for the card and flowers R had sent from all of them and now I just want him home so much.

H dashed in and then off to a navigational course in Cardiff. R at the gym and I'm taking her to get the train in Uxbridge when she gets back. And C much loved and missed.

Thank you Lord for the best undersubscribed Mothering Sunday I could have had under the circumstances, and please could you continue to keep everyone safe from harm.

Speak soon. A soldier's Mum x

No comments:

Post a Comment