Saturday 6 February 2010

Day 126 Week 17

The sun is shining. Goodness what a difference it makes. Bright, golden sunshine.

Good to see everyone in the pub last night and catch up on all the news. Also quite exciting not to be in pyjamas by six thirty, positively recklessly late night- went to bed at ten o'clock.

Very busy day today. Dear friend's birthday and it's her son's tomorrow, and he's one of C's oldest friends so lots of overlap and sentimentality there. Also have been invited to a very glamorous party tonight, lots of scrumptious nosh, witty banter and flowing champagne so think I'll rehearse old-age and have a sleep this afternoon. Of course should really join my fellow Ramblers and yomp through the open countryside, but think I'll give that one a swerve in the name of energy conservation.

Wonder if C is able to conserve energy.

Spoke to my Aunt this morning and she's not been very well at all but thankfully is better now. She and my Uncle have sent yet another parcel out to the frontline. Bless them they always meticulously count up the weight of all the contents and each time they've gone to the post office it's been too heavy, but the kindly postmaster has let it through. Apparently the error stems from counting up the weight on each item, which doesn't include the external wrapping. It's so kind of them to send stuff out because C has told me how much it means to receive goodies from home. These acts of kindness really do make a difference.

Damn, forgot to put some of those energy boosting things in the last despatch I sent out. Am cross with myself. Could make such a difference.

My friend and I plan to go up to Nottinghamshire in the half term holiday, well that's the theory. Never feel totally comfortable making decisions about future actions at the moment, what with everything being so vulnerable and potentially unpredictable.

It's the rugby between England and Wales this afternoon. Had such fun last year watching it with friends and then being kissed by a very handsome stranger on the way home, seems like a million years ago now. Can't really remember what it's like to feel carefree and not to be on edge all the time.

R had a good night out. I've not heard from H but R has and he's been granted two weeks special leave for C's R and R, so with the help of God should have them all together again. No news from C but clutching my phone to my side as he has taken to ringing at the weekend.

Please God I'll see him again.

Speak soon. A soldier's Mum x

No comments:

Post a Comment