Monday 26 April 2010

Day 205 Week 29

Was just about to sit at my laptop and blog more uncertainty as to loved ones and whereabouts when my phone rang.

It was C. I screamed. He said 'Hi Ma. Just got back in Edinburgh. Twenty four hours to wind down in Cyprus.'

I just cried 'oh my baby. You're home. You're home. You're back. Thank God'.

And he said 'I'll ring you with more details when we can both be calmer later'.

And I cried, and laughed, and cried some more and then shouted out into the ether 'My baby's back'.

I'd been ringing C's phone for four days and each time it went automatically to voicemail which told me he was still abroad, and now he wasn't.

Sent a text to everyone including H and R and thank you to everyone for all the love and best wishes.

Fellow soldier's Mum due to have her boy back tomorrow.

Lots of thought and prayers for those not returning.

Thank you St Therese for taking my boy under your wing and thank you Lord for this day.

Speak soon. A soldier's Mum x

No comments:

Post a Comment